Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) national communications department seeks a talented, bilingual, deadline-oriented content lead with a strong knowledge of U.S. Spanish-speaking audiences. Candidate should have a passion for and/or interest in sexual and reproductive health and equity — as well as strategic knowledge in Spanish-language messaging. This newly created role demands a strong writer and editor who can juggle multiple projects and prioritize his/her duties — sometimes executing content in Spanish from concept to finished product and sometimes adapting from English appropriately. Candidates must have the leadership and collaborative skills needed to liaise between departments to lead best practices for Spanish-language communications. Shift assignments are generally 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., but depend on the news cycle and department needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write or adapt Spanish-language video scripts, promotional copy posts, blogs and op ed essays — covering a wide array of health, political, legal, and advocacy areas.
- Edit content for brand consistency, tone — through a lens of racial equity and inclusiveness researching and reshaping text; line editing; and proofing for grammar, spelling, clarity and accuracy.
- Offer suggestions and guidance to multiple departments in the national office to improve brand messages and communications.
- Must be available to work occasional evening and weekend hours, as the workflow demands, including on very short notice.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree in English, writing, journalism, or another communications-related field preferred.
- Spanish fluency.
- 3+ years of experience creating and editing content at a Spanish-language news publication or content agency.
- Working knowledge of AP style and ability to work in Google Docs.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Exceptional skills in grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, and vocabulary.
- Strong interest and/or background in sexual and reproductive health and justice.
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple deadlines at once.
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills.
- 0-25%, As needed.
To apply, please visit PPFA’s job website.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.