314 Action is a new organization dedicated to scientific advocacy as well as recruiting, training and electing candidates with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) backgrounds to all levels of public office. In the November elections, 314 Action’s scientists lead the charge to take back the House, with 9 wins for crucial House and Senate races. We raised over $5 million in the 2018 election cycle and are expanding our mid-range and major donor operations for the 2020 cycle. 314 Action was recently featured in the New York Times and HBO’s Vice News Tonight recently covered our first cycle. For 2020, we led the effort to draft Mark Kelly for AZ’s Senate race and are working to recruit other scientists at all levels.
For 2020, we’re focused on recruiting scientists to run in 25 key Congressional districts across the country. We plan to raise $15-$20 million, and leverage our grassroots network of over 600,000 scientists and STEM advocates on behalf of our campaigns, while providing strategic and other support. 314 Action is currently seeking experienced Campaign Managers willing to work with great candidates all across the country.
- Hire and manage a professional campaign staff
- Develop and manage a campaign budget and handle cash flow in coordination with your Finance Director
- Oversee all aspects of the campaign including fundraising, field, communications and political outreach while ensuring that proper goals are set and achieved
- Manage a team of consultants and a media plan
- Set priorities in the campaign schedule
- Develop a press and earned media plan, send press releases and develop relationships with local and national reporters
- Candidate staffing
- Managing staff and interns as the campaign grows
- Candidates should have multiple cycles of experience on a campaign and at least one cycle in a Director role, with experience as a Campaign Manager at any level preferred
- Candidates should have a car
- Be willing to work long/irregular hours including nights and weekends
Applicants should apply online at: http://go.314action.org/campaign-managers
To apply for this job please visit go.314action.org.