Clarify is hiring a director of media buying to help us deliver excellent results for our growing roster of political, nonprofit, and commercial clients in a small, tightly knit company atmosphere. You are a highly goal-oriented professional open to the challenge of developing capacity and efficiency on our media team, and you have a passion for politics and social change.
As the director of media buying, you will oversee the media buying team with considerable autonomy, but also with support and top-level guidance from the firm’s principals as necessary. The media buying team is responsible for setting up and managing digital advertising programs, including reporting, analysis, and optimization on self-serve ad platforms and direct placements with publishers. You will be responsible for managing junior staff members, developing workflows and best practices, and selecting and implementing technical solutions alongside external contractors. While this is largely an internal-facing role, the director of media buying will occasionally contribute to pitches and present to clients in your area of expertise.
Our clients deserve strategy and advice that is informed by the perspectives brought by a wide range of backgrounds and experience. To that end, Clarify is committed to the success of our employees, and we place a priority on recruiting and developing staff from all races, colors, religions, sexes, national origins, ages, disability statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, military and veteran statuses.
- As head of the media buying team, develop and implement workflows to support clients’ advertising objectives, including account setup, trafficking, internal and external reporting and analysis, and optimization
- Working with internal resources and third parties, develop solutions to support reporting and ad serving capacities
- Through monthly reflections, delegation of assignments, and day to day supervision, take responsibility for work of the media buying team and contribute to the professional development of individual members
- Work with client services team to manage client budgets and deliver on client expectations
- Shape overall ads practice by contributing to new business pitches and hiring, promotion, and other personnel decisions as necessary
- 5+ years experience in media buying and optimization, demonstrating increasing responsibility
- Experience managing performance marketing and awareness/persuasion campaigns
- Strong familiarity with Google Ads, Facebook ads, DSP software, and first-party ad serving
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability and inclination to make tough judgment calls on day-to-day tactical and big-picture strategic questions
- Ability to incorporate and own feedback from colleagues
- A commitment to progressive politics and social change
- Familiarity with Google Display & Video 360 and Campaign Manager is helpful, but not required.
- Management experience is helpful, but not required
- Experience working in the political/advocacy space is helpful, but not required
Clarify is committed to compensating employees based on output and leveling the playing field for our employees to be compensated fairly. Per our transparent compensation system, the salary range for this position is $104,763 to $112,263 per year, plus health, dental, and retirement benefits.
Clarify is a full-service digital agency offering industry-leading digital advertising, brand strategy, video, email advocacy, and more. Our clients look to us to bring transparency, integration, and intelligence to their digital programs.
Since launching in 2015, we’ve worked with U.S. Senate and House campaigns as well as unions, advocacy organizations, and statewide persuasion and mobilization efforts around the country. These include CREDO Action, Alliance for a Better Minnesota, FWD.us, Need to Impeach, and SEIU-UHW. Before founding Clarify, our principals generated proven results online for President Barack Obama, Senator Elizabeth Warren, Senator Chuck Schumer, and more.
To apply for this job please visit jsco.re.