The Arizona Democratic Party (ADP) is seeking a qualified, energetic Communications Director. The Communications Director will tell ADP’s story to a diverse statewide audience through traditional and digital media. The Communications Director will look for opportunities to tell that story through earned media interviews, press events, and online. The Communications Director will also look for opportunities to support the party’s presidential, U.S. Senate, statewide, congressional and legislative nominees, as well as ADP’s county and local affiliates.
Position Summary: This role reports directly to the Executive Director. Job responsibilities include:
● Writing and implementing a robust communications plan that tells ADP’s story through a variety of platforms and in multiple languages
● Developing and maintaining strong relationships with national and statewide media members
● Approving all external communications, including overseeing all aspects of social media
● Maintaining relationships with national and local partners, as well as elected officials and Democratic nominees
● Providing messaging training and talking points to ADP principles, candidates, and local affiliate organizations Minimum requirements and skills include:
● Minimum of two or three years of relevant communications experience with a statewide or Congressional campaign or officeholder or a progressive nonprofit group
● Strong writing skills, including understanding how to write a press release
● Experience speaking on the record
● Strong understanding of digital communication platforms
● Understanding of the national and statewide media landscape and Democratic Party messaging priorities
● Long-term planning skills and ability to work well in large, diverse groups
● Ability to speak Spanish fluently (strongly preferred)
HOW TO APPLY: This is a full-time position. Please send brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application: Communications Director” by July 31, 2019. The Arizona Democratic Party, (ADP), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff.
ADP is an equal opportunity employer, and it is ADP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sexual orientation/identity/expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, marital or military service status including membership in the National Guard, or any other legally protected status. Protected status may also include an individual’s marriage to or association with someone with any status listed above.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com