American Bridge 21st Century, a progressive research and communications organization dedicated to holding Republicans accountable for their words and actions, is hiring a Communications Director to oversee the messaging, earned media, and rapid response strategy for its Trump War Room.
This position will be a member of the organization’s senior staff and will be responsible for interfacing with partners and allies as well as coordinating with other members of the leadership team. This position is based in Bridge’s Washington D.C. office.
- Cultivating relationships with both national and state reporters and pitching stories regularly;
- Developing proactive press strategies and new tactics to drive coverage;
- Working with partners and allies on earned media efforts; and
- Participating in regular strategy sessions and daily planning meetings on overall message development as well as press plans for the week/day ahead.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least six to eight years of experience in a communications capacity on a campaign or in a similar environment;
- Campaign experience in a leadership role is strongly preferred, including experience working closely with opposition researchers to pitch stories;
- Have significant on-the-record experience;
- Design and execute creative communications strategies;
- Play a large role in rapid response efforts to bracket the Trump administration;
- Write press releases, op-eds, and memos to the press;
- Have a firm grasp of today’s traditional and social media environments;
- Have a great sense of humor and creativity;
- Enjoy working closely with others of diverse backgrounds and personalities; and
- Work well under pressure and on deadline.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Pat Dennis at email@example.com with the subject line: Communications Director, TWR.
American Bridge 21st Century PAC offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package.
American Bridge 21st Century PAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org