Website Democratic Governors Association
POSITION SUMMARY – DEPUTY POLITICAL DIRECTOR
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking a Deputy Political Director for the 2019/2020 cycle. This individual will report directly to the DGA’s Political Director and be heavily involved in the work of electing and re-electing Democratic Governors. This individual will be the DGA’s point person in multiple states, working directly with candidates for governor, campaign managers, campaign senior staff, and the consulting team. This position will coordinate the DGA’s involvement in races, bringing insight, guidance, and resources to be value added in campaigns.
• Work with the Political Director to support campaigns and advise the leadership team at the DGA on investment decisions;
• Serve as the liaison between the DGA and candidates for Governor, supporting them and their staffs throughout the course of the cycle;
• Collaborate with state party partners on research, tracking, and earned media efforts against Republican incumbents and candidates;
• Coordinate efforts of the DGA’s communication, research, and digital teams and know how to bring those assets to be helpful to campaigns;
• Draft, edit, and update race review memos and presentations on regular basis;
• Work with the Political Director to manage, track, and reconcile the political budget;
• Track and catalogue campaign polling, competitive reports, and TV/Digital ads;
• Maintain the DGA’s resume bank, helping catalogue resumes so we can share staffing recommendations with campaigns;
• Assist with other assignments and tasks as requested by the Political Director.
• At least 2+ cycles of campaign management experience (at the Congressional level or higher);
• History of developing strategic campaign messaging and working with consulting teams to execute the message through paid communication;
• Advanced knowledge of campaign budgeting, cashflow, and fundraising projections;
• Experience working with and developing television, digital, mail and field plans;
• Background in interacting with election officials, local political leaders, and progressive organizations;
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint;
• Strong verbal and written intra-office communication skills;
• Willingness to travel to fulfill primary responsibilities;
• Must be comfortable with long, irregular hours during peak seasons.
• Passion and commitment to Democratic candidates and causes;
• Ability to work well with a diverse staff with unique areas of expertise who are a part of other departments;
• Energy, flexible, collaborative, creative, and proactive;
• Extremely well-organized and detail oriented while moving in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to learn quickly and apply lessons to work product in real time.
The position is based in downtown Washington, DC and comes with full health care benefits. Compensation is commensurate with the position and experience.
Interested applicants should send their resume to email@example.com and put “Deputy Political Director” and their name in the subject line of the email. Application process is open until position filled. The Democratic Governors Association is committed to a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org