Website Democratic Governors Association
Deputy Research Director
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic governors, is seeking a Deputy Research Director for the 2019-2020 election cycle. This position will assist the Research Director.
· Produce original candidate research memos and manage research projects by outside consultants;
· Perform thorough fact checks on all internal and external communication documents;
· Advise and collaborate with campaigns and state parties on research needs;
· Assist with other assignments and tasks as requested by the Research Director.
· At least 3-4 years minimum of leadership in campaign research either with a consulting firm, a DC political committee, or directly with a campaign;
· Excellent research skills and strong attention to detail including experience designing and creating campaign research memos;
· Experience fact-checking paid media;
· Understanding of event tracking and media monitoring;
· Ability to write, edit, and fact-check with precision and calm on deadline during high-volume, fast-paced periods;
· Extensive experience with Lexis-Nexis, public records requests, analyzing primary source documents, commonly-used research databases and other basic opposition research tasks;
· A pro-active, self-starter who can take direction/work as part of a team, but who can also be trusted to independently produce error-free research; and
· Understanding of how research fits into the overall campaign/communications picture.
The position comes with full health care benefits and compensation is commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on June 7, 2019. Please write in the subject line: Deputy Research Director. No calls, please.
The DGA is committed to a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com