Everytown is a movement of Americans working together to end gun violence and build safer communities. Gun violence touches every town in America. For too long, change has been thwarted by the Washington gun lobby and by leaders who refuse to take common-sense steps that will save lives.
But something is changing. More than 4 million mayors, moms, cops, teachers, survivors, gun owners, and everyday Americans have come together to make their own communities safer. Together, we are fighting for the changes that we know will save lives. Everytown starts with you, and it starts in your town.
We are looking for a skilled writer, technologist, and strategist to assist with the organization’s growing digital portfolio and to help provide strategy and execution across several digital campaigns, including federal legislative, electoral, and fundraising. This campaigner should be energetic, entrepreneurial, and ready to invest in building a massive set of digital campaign skills and help fight to end gun violence in this country.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and create online campaigns – drafting copy, developing strategies, building landing pages, and more – to achieve Everytown’s campaign goals.
- Work across channels – including email, social, SMS, peer-to-peer texting, digital advertising, and more – to drive online-to-offline impact in order to grow and activate our grassroots movement.
- Write and produce content for online actions under tight deadlines, including drafting copy for emails, landing pages, social media, video scripts, and related collateral.
- Coordinate with members of the Federal Affairs, Political, Field Organizing, and Communications teams to create a digital campaign calendar and manage all related support processes.
- Produce mass mailing emails and associated action pages.
- Report and analyze digital campaign results and integrate findings in future campaigns.
- Identify trends through data analysis to guide digital organizing campaign strategy.
- 1-3 years of digital advocacy/fundraising work for non-profit advocacy organizations, political campaigns, or similarly relevant work.
- Exceptional writing, copy-editing, and proofreading skills.
- A demonstrated ability to synthesize policy and legislative materials into compelling copy that will drive grassroots action.
- Familiarity with HTML for email and landing pages.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment within a growing, diverse team with unpredictable hours in rapid response moments.
- Familiarity with mass emailing software.
- Knowledge of ActionKit is a plus.
Please note this role may require working unpredictable hours in rapid response moments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
To apply for this job please visit everytown.org.