The ACLU of Alabama is one of the nation’s foremost defenders of civil liberties and civil rights. We are a part of the American Civil Liberties Union, a nonprofit nonpartisan organization with 51 local affiliates across the country. Our mission is to protect and advance the rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution by working through public education, legislative advocacy, and litigation.
Based in Montgomery, Alabama, the Digital Media Strategist will assist with managing the affiliate’s online presence by building effective online advocacy campaigns to bolster the visibility and impact of the ACLU of Alabama’s priorities and strategic vision. This role will work closely with National and Affiliate staff.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage and develop content for the ACLU of Alabama’s online presence through the affiliate website, social media platforms and via the ACLU’s email marketing platform – Community Action Network (CAN).
- Generate compelling digital campaign actions and tactics to cultivate engagement across our volunteer base and to support partnerships and coalitions, and to communicate policy positions.
- Utilize CAN and the National ACLU’s People Power tools to produce emails and texting campaigns that effectively recruit and mobilize volunteers, and engages policy makers.
- Draft, edit, and queue campaign content for email, social media, texting, and web; collect, analyze, and report on metrics for digital platforms including email click through rates, engagement rates, and other data.
- Create and execute innovative digital content that can include infographics, podcasts, videos, and other online content related to current programmatic, statewide, and National ACLU issues. Gather stories from impacted communities, clients, partners or supporters through effective digital media tactics.
- Assist with volunteer events, trainings and actions.
- Work with key departments, including outreach, communications, policy, development and legal staff to identify causes for direct action that are consistent with ACLU values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socioeconomic circumstance.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
Experience & Qualifications
- At least 3 years of high level experience in digital organizing and/or digital production.
- Experience in building digital campaigns for large-scale social impact.
- Proficiency in Drupal, Springboard, Adobe Creative Suite, social media management and analytics programs, SEO and accessibility best practices, and other key digital tools preferred.
- Photography and videography skills/knowledge preferred.
- Strong copy-editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse community of colleagues, coalition partners, and clients.
- Experience with issue-based campaigning, brand, or advertising strategy is a plus.
- Strong project and time management skills, including a high level of organization, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects at once and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to civil rights, civil liberties, racial and social justice.
- Actively works to foster an equitable and inclusive experience for staff and other partners in your work.
- Experience working in nonprofits or organizations focused on social impact, and the ability to work collaboratively across departments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with team members.
Details at a glance
- On-site Location
- Full Time Schedule
Benefits include medical and disability insurance, 401(k) and vacation, holiday and sick leave.
How To Apply
Please submit a letter of interest, current resume and salary requirements via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Media Strategist” in the subject field.
The ACLU of Alabama is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, non-binary and transgender individuals.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com