About Leadership for Educational Equity
Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan leadership development organization dedicated to developing its members’ potential to ensure every child has the opportunity to receive an outstanding education. Our kids and communities need more leaders who believe that educational inequity is a solvable problem. We believe that when our members are organized and reach positions of leadership, they’ll serve as a transformative force for students, communities and the broader movement for educational equity. LEE is a diverse team of passionate and talented individuals committed to making a difference. We are a high-growth, results-oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial environment deeply invested in continuous improvement. If you would like to become part of our team and join the fight for educational equity, or if you would simply like to learn more about what we do, please visit educationalequity.org.
The Director, Digital Engagement is a highly organized, creative marketer with a passion for the marketing of ideas and driving action through digital communications. The director will own the strategic development and implementation of member-facing marketing and communications plans, building and implementing campaigns leveraging email, SMS and website. The director will develop a multi-year plan for these three platforms, including thematic visual and prose content development and message testing, campaign landing page development and data-driven content plans. The director will lead the development and adoption of scalable resources, evolving and streamlining processes to build capacity among partner teams and “embed” communications staff. The director will manage a team including a manager, an assistant and one external copyeditor toward high standards for innovative communications.
Position Location: Flexible. Washington, DC preferred.
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Lead the development of digital engagement strategies for email, SMS & Web (70%)
- Develop LEE member-facing digital engagement strategies and campaigns with the goal of increasing engagement and action while building and protecting the LEE brand among LEE members
- Lead the development of automations and data-driven plans for message development and testing
- Lead implementation and day-to-day execution of engagement campaigns over email, SMS and the website, leading a team in building and deploying innovative campaigns in a marketing mix driving engagement and action
- Lead the development of web strategy, planning web landing pages and content, marketing materials (e.g. infographics, ads, story vehicles) that provide value to members and stakeholders
- Generate and execute email, SMS and web innovations to scale LEE’s work and drive deeper, increasingly timely and targeted engagement over time
- Lead development and implementation of channel strategic testing roadmap, establishing communications tracking tools and maintain data systems, providing analysis when needed
- Develop expertise over Member Journey Mapping and feel confident that the journey you build is well-informed by member insights and communications performance data
Team management (20%)
- Assemble and retain an effective, diverse team, including supporting team members in setting a compelling vision for their work, establishing measurable, ambitious, and feasible goals that map to that vision, and tracking progress towards those goals
- Provide day to day leadership to a team including a manager and assistant in developing and delivering innovative strategies, building testing and data insights across functions, and evolving the practice in a cycle of innovation
Cross-team collaboration (10%)
- Engage across the comms team with team co-directors to drive deep collaboration across communications efforts, including social, storytelling and external-facing communications work
- Partner with the tech UX team to evolve the platforms, and plan innovations
- Build and share tools (templates and scalable resources) and build capacity across LEE to implement best practices, and disperse content development
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience with at least 2 years leading digital strategy on email
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong understanding of email marketing tools
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in multiple CMS environments
- Expertise in A/B testing and message development over email
- Experience in designing and deploying complex automations and planning reflexive content over web, email and SMS
- Ability to communicate and collaborate within a geographically dispersed team
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion
- Deep passion for educational equity and belief in LEE’s mission and theory of change
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. LEE offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes health, dental and vision coverage for spouses, families and domestic partners; life insurance; a retirement package with employer match; family and parent benefits; generous paid time off and an organization-wide winter break between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Leadership for Educational Equity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.
An affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.
To apply for this job please visit educationalequity.csod.com.