The BVM is seeking a Director of Strategic Campaigns and Partnerships who will be responsible for building comprehensive campaigns through approximately 11 states, supervising an equivalent number of BVM State Coordinators in the process. This person will be responsible for implementing BVM’s approach towards mobilizing voters as well as BVM’s broader objective of advocating for racial justice and building power by centering Black love, Black culture and Black joy. The person who takes on this role will have a knack for creating strong systems, reinforcing the training curriculum, coordinating special events and monitoring and tracking progress to target goals. This person will be comfortable learning a combination of web-based tools and creating various modules to enable the larger field team to meet daily, weekly and monthly goals throughout the program year. This position will also be the lead liaison on a variety of national and regional partnerships.
• Developing state campaign plans, defining outreach and geographic targets
• Supervising BVM state coordinators and developing/implementing training programs for staff (possibly coordinated with partners such as Movement School, Black Campaign School, etc)
• Supervising the BVM Special Events and Political Coordinator, who among other things, will help to implement BVM bus tours which complement the campaigns and programs in each state
• Identifying, vetting and managing relationships with national and regional partners who are o Implementing similar campaigns or organizing around similar social justice issues o offering various voter mobilization tools (texting, relational organizing, etc)
• Working with the Communications team to develop effective messaging and materials.
• At least 5-7 years’ experience in organizing and campaigning, issue advocacy, and/or political campaigns
• Experience managing campaigns and/or projects in multiple states.
• Experience developing creative mobilization strategies, communications plans, and/or digital-savvy campaigns that capture people’s attention
• Ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative team environment; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt quickly.
• Commitment to progressive causes and community organizing experience a plus.
• Strong writing and verbal communications skills and close attention to detail
This position reports to: Executive Director
Travel Requirements: Ability and willingness to travel approximately 20% of the time (based in Atlanta, GA)
Salary & benefits: Annual range of $70 – $80k, depending on experience, plus health benefits.
ABOUT BVM: Our goal is to increase power in marginalized, predominantly Black communities. We agree with the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. when he said, “Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice, and justice at its best is power correcting everything that stands against love.”
We operate with the following 5 core beliefs:
• The key to effective civic engagement and community power is understanding, respecting and supporting local infrastructure.
• Black voters matter not only on election day, but on all 365 days of the year. This means we must support individuals and organizations that are striving to obtain social justice throughout the year.
• Black voters matter *everywhere*, including rural counties and smaller cities/towns that are often ignored by candidates, elected officials, political parties and the media. BVM Capacity Building Institute Director of Strategic Campaigns and Partnerships
• In order for Black voters to matter, we must utilize authentic messaging which speaks to our issues, connects with our hopes and affirms our humanity.
• The leadership, talent and commitment demonstrated by Black women in particular must receive recognition and, more importantly, *investment* in order to flourish and multiply.
This position also supports Black Voters Matter Fund (BVMF), an affiliated 501(c)(4) advocacy organization. While motivated by the same core values – power building, equity and justice – BVM and BVMF operate independently of one another and each organization has its own board of directors.
BVM is an equal opportunity employer. BVM prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status,
To apply for this job please visit www.blackvotersmatterfund.org.