Run the World Digital is seeking a passionate and creative Managing Director to partner with the firm’s founder to lead and grow the business. A digital fundraising expert and seasoned manager who understands the fast-paced client environment, the Director will play a critical role in moving the firm forward.
The Managing Director will drive the firm’s campaign work as well as managing the staff of a new and energetic business devoted to helping progressive candidates and organizations. The Director will have deep roots in the progressive movement, along with campaign and advocacy experience.
The Director will develop and manage a team of staff located across the country who work with clients on email marketing, digital acquisition and persuasion efforts. The Director is responsible for ensuring that clients receive top-notch services and cutting-edge strategic guidance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strategic leader to help build and grow a young firm dedicated to outstanding candidates and causes. The Director will be a thoughtful and experienced manager with confidence, a sense of humor and talent for finding just the right GIF for the all-staff Slack chat.
Run the World Digital is a progressive digital firm. Specializing in email marketing, digital acquisition and voter persuasion, RTW Digital works with political campaigns and organizations and nonprofits. This year, RTW Digital helped clients like Senator Tina Smith, Governor-elect Janet Mills, Attorney General-elect Dana Nessel and Congressman-elect Colin Allred. The firm was built on the commitment to providing cutting-edge digital fundraising, ad programs and effective voter persuasion while maintaining the personal customer service campaigns and organizations need to succeed.
Run the World Digital was founded by Heather Colburn — a proven fundraiser with over 20 years’ experience — who has raised over $500 million dollars and trained over 3,500 candidates. A recognized progressive leader with a history of helping elect democratic women to office, Heather founded the firm to help innovate the way digital firms fundraise. Just two years old, RTW Digital has now worked with over 30 clients and has 15 staff in 11 states.
- Manage and mentor staff members dedicated to planning and executing online campaigns to grow clients’ digital and fundraising capacity.
- Provide trusted strategic counsel and unique, innovative strategies to clients.
- Lead top-of-the-line client services, including development of processes and systems.
- Design innovative digital fundraising, advocacy and communications campaigns.
- Manage the firm’s strategic planning process.
- Recruit, hire, onboard and retain staff.
- In conjunction with the leadership team, develop two- and five-year plans for organizational growth.
- Advise clients on best practices, new technologies and emerging strategies.
- Review current management and communication practices and develop new standards and processes.
- Support new business development efforts.
- Lead the use of the project management system to juggle multiple clients with multiple staff members.
- Maintain deep knowledge of social/political/economic issues that impact relevant clients.
- Ensure the company’s short- and long-term fiscal health.
- 10 years of related experience in campaigns and fundraising.
- Experience managing, developing, and coaching teams; remote teams a plus.
- Deep knowledge of email and direct marketing fundraising strategies and tactics and experience delivering influential email fundraising programs.
- Effective and persuasive communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strategic, analytical, and tactical thinking skills, with a demonstrated capacity to successfully problem solve, plan, and facilitate growth.
- Ability to adapt and lead in a fast-paced, changing environment while also navigating ambiguity and change inherent to a young company.
- Strong background in client and/or project management.
- Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Expertise in cross channel support for fundraising efforts, i.e. social media, mobile, or other digital strategies.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) project management tools and methodologies.
- A desire to elect women and people of color to office.
Think you’re the right person? Here’s one final checklist. Do you:
- Thrive in an environment with lots of moving parts?
- Flourish while managing multiple projects for different clients?
- Love managing staff and finding the best way to motivate each employee?
- Relish checking things off your list and finding creative ways to get things done?
- Hold yourself and your team accountable to superior work products?
- Adapt and remain flexible when things constantly change?
- Value your ability to manage by video and Slack?
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online at https://grossmanheinz.com/jobs/. The cover letter should be concise and compelling and outline the specific ways in which you would be a good fit for this position. Only applications submitted through this website will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Run the World Digital is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Location
The position can be located anywhere in the United States. Some travel is required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please visit grossmanheinz.com.