The Democratic National Committee seeks a talented and creative Analytics Director within the DNC’s Mobilization Department.
The mission of the Mobilization Department at the Democratic National Committee is to bring ordinary people into the heart of the DNC and provide grassroots supporters with encouragement, power, and the tools to mobilize in their communities.
We are a team of passionate, cross-discipline experts committed to spreading the truth, getting supporters more deeply involved, and mobilizing grassroots donors to support the party through creative, relentlessly optimized experiences online and offline. Come join us.
Mobilization Analytics Director
The Democratic National Committee is looking to hire a Mobilization Analytics Director to help run one of the largest and most active grassroots mobilization programs in politics. You will be the strategic leader of the Mobilization team’s analytics efforts, and oversee a team of analysts responsible for cleaning up grassroots fundraising and organizing data to optimize and personalize supporters’ interactions with our party. You and your team will need to maintain, add new data to, and apply models to our direct mail, telemarketing, email, digital advertising and organizing programs.
To succeed, you’ll need to relentlessly optimize the work the DNC is doing, create datasets that personalize supporters’ experience with the DNC, report out on our team’s work, and identify new opportunities to mobilize supporters. Be ready to work extraordinarily hard; this isn’t a 9-5 sort of job.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and direct the work of a team of analysts to ensure that our approach to grassroots fundraising and digital organizing is data-driven.
- Working with our email and direct marketing teams, engineer datasets and audiences to personalize and optimize how we’re reaching out to supporters across channels.
- Lead collaboration with the DNC Tech team on cross-departmental analytics work.
- Identify opportunities to use different fundraising channels to reach out to supporters based on their activity.
- Build and maintain targeting models.
- Build reports for fundraising and mobilization programs.
- Design and execute real-time experiments and optimizations to improve our content.
- Work with DNC vendors to support and direct our offline and online fundraising and acquisition strategies.
- Ensure accurate targeting of all mobilization campaigns, including targeting based on the voter file.
- Develop fundraising and mobilization best practices and make recommendations to senior leadership and DNC staff.
- Help keep our data systems running smoothly.
- Strong understanding of key acquisition channels and ability to drive omni-channel approach.
- 5+ years of experience in data and modeling.
- Understanding of databases with a working knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and familiarity with statistical software packages such as R, STATA, or relevant Python libraries (e.g. NumPy, pandas).
- Ability to explain analytics and testing programs to non-technical stakeholders.
- You must be in D.C. or be willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.