The New Hampshire Democratic Party is seeking a highly motivated individual to direct digital operations for the 2019-2020 election cycle. The Digital Director will manage all aspects of the digital program: digital strategy, email fundraising, social media copywriting including graphics, online advertising, website maintenance, and manage outside vendors as needed.
Utilizing creative and innovative tactics, they will work every day to engage and inspire Democrats in the Granite State and hold Republicans accountable. The Digital Director will play an important role on our team and will help elect Democratic candidates, protect our Democratic incumbents, and other statewide and federal offices in 2019 and 2020.
The Digital Director will work closely with the Director of Communications, the data department, the field department, and the digital department of the DNC – under the supervision of the Executive Director.
Duties of the Digital Director include:
● Developing and managing an integrated digital campaign plan for the NHDP, including email, social media, and web properties;
● Working with the state party executive and political/field directors, finance and communications staff, consultants and Democratic leaders to achieve our online goals;
● Writing, editing, shooting, and producing videos to tell the stories, mobilize volunteers, and persuade and excite voters; and social media accounts;
● Working closely with the Communications Department to track breaking news that can be amplified online;
● Managing an email and social media content calendar;
● Identifying opportunities for online engagement and tracking digital trends to grow our online program;
● Tracking and analyzing digital data;
● Managing strategic partnerships with digital tool vendors;
● Performing trainings for local Democratic leaders and campaign staff;
● Designing digital and print graphics for both online and offline use;
● Monitoring social media coverage of Democratic campaigns.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
● Minimum 1.5-2 years of experience running cutting edge digital campaigns;
● Professional experience working in a fast-paced environment;
● Ability to produce rapid-response social media content;
● Excellent persuasive and engaging writing ability that can be demonstrated in long-form emails in different voices and translated into copy that’s under 140 characters;
● Experience drafting and executing message-focused email fundraising programs;
● Experience on a campaign or with a state Democratic Party;
● Excellent writing skills and a strong attention to detail;
● Knowledge and comfort with NGP/VAN, Facebook, Twitter, Google Docs, Office Suite, ActBlue, Wix, video editing software, Photoshop and other Adobe systems;
● Experience coding emails and creating well-designed templates;
● Proven experience managing multiple complex projects and finishing tasks ahead of fast deadlines;
● Willingness to work extensive hours, including nights and weekends with some travel;
● Responsive and positive team player who enjoys new challenges; and
● A strong commitment to Democratic values.
● Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable mode of transportation and the ability to travel extensively at times throughout the state for more than a day at a time;
● Must be able to travel outside of the state, sometimes for several days at a time, to national trainings and events; and
● Must have great flexibility along with the desire to work long campaign hours as evening and weekend hours will be needed regularly as we move into campaign season.
How to Apply:
To apply, e-mail a letter describing your interest in the job, your resume, at least two writing samples (one should be a fundraising appeal), and a list of references to: email@example.com. Please list “Digital Director Application” in the subject line.
No calls, please.
Position will be open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Salary range is $45,000 to $55,000 depending on level of experience, with the opportunity for growth. The NHDP provides health and dental coverage at no cost to the employee, and we have a generous vacation package. We are looking for a candidate who can commit to staying with the NHDP through November of 2020.
Background – Our Party New Hampshire Democrats stand for policies that support strong, healthy communities and families, a strong economy with opportunities for growth and a fundamental system of fairness and justice. Democrats are committed to spurring job creation, building our infrastructure, and bringing fairness and opportunity to our economy and our civic life. We believe that healthy communities and strong families are essential to the well- being of our citizens and to our ability to foster business development and a vibrant economy. We are committed to upholding the right of every eligible voter to cast their ballot free from unnecessary restrictions. We pledge a government that works collaboratively across the aisle to address the issues that matter to the people of New Hampshire.
The New Hampshire Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace. The NHDP is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org