About She the People She the People was formed in March of 2018 with the mission of establishing a national network connecting women of color to transform our democracy. We are elevating and amplifying the voices and power of women of color as leaders, political strategists, organizers, and voters through an inclusive, multiracial coalition driving a new political and cultural era. She the People received broad national attention in April by holding the first-ever woman-of-color led and centered Presidential Forum. Over the next 16 months, the organization has an ambitious set of goals and plans leading to the Presidential election involving place-based and online communications and convenings that will set She the People up to become a go-to resource on the national stage.
About You You believe in elevating the political voice of women of color and have a keen gender and racial analysis. You are organized, energetic, proactive, flexible, and detail oriented. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have experience in an entrepreneurial start-up led by a visionary founder. You possess a deep commitment to our vision of building love, justice, belonging, and democracy in the world. You have experience and knowledge of political organizing and movement building. You’re detail-oriented and strive for excellence. You have a positive, can-do attitude, are resourceful and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to move the mission forward.
Job Summary The Political & Organizing Director will partner with the Founder and President to develop and implement strategic programming and partnerships. The Political & Organizing Director will be comfortable problem-solving and making sound decisions in order to support programmatic and organizational growth necessary to achieve She the People’s goals leading up to the 2020 election. This is a unique opportunity for an astute collaborative leader to build the political presence and visibility of women of color and a progressive political agenda under the direct management of the Founder and President, Aimee Allison.
The Political & Organizing Director will partner with the Founder and President to develop strategic relationships with partner organizations, funders, candidates and their teams on a range of programmatic activities:
- Build high-level relationships with counterparts at other Democratic organizations, state networks, progressive groups, candidates and nonprofits
- Engage in coalition building with strategic partners and develop shared action plans to increase visibility and momentum
- Translate and oversee multi-faceted projects and events into timelines, deliverables, and assignments; project examples include Townhall events in high potential swing states, debate watch parties, forums and media/communications projects
- Represent She the People at events, collaborations and other convenings as needed
- In partnership with Senior Strategic Advisor, play a leadership role in translating partnership development into funding opportunities in support of organization’s fund development plan including engaging funders, grant reporting and communication
- Manage project budgets ensuring appropriate tracking of expenses
- Implement data management tracking systems to build a broad base of support
- Be a champion for the organization and promote the brand internally and externally
- Available to work long and varying hours including evenings and weekends based on organizational needs
- Cultivate the values and culture of She the People throughout the organization
- Build out a powerful She the People network of key organizations and individuals
● Take a leadership role in developing the advisory board as partners in expansion efforts
- Master’s Degree in relevant topic preferred, Bachelors required
- 5+ years of political campaign and/or movement building work at a state and/or national level
- Proven record of building multiracial networks and coalitions
- Deep knowledge of the electoral, movements, donor landscape, especially key groups that serve, are led and center women of color
- Track record of building and maintaining local, state, national, and institutional relationships with a diverse array of people
- Experience in high visibility project and event management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrable evidence of strong written and oral communications skills
- Superior management skills, ability to influence and engage others
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience and comfort in a remote work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to navigate nuanced relationships with executives, elected officials, community organizations and other stakeholders, treating all with respect and moving fluidly between different contexts
Physical Demands The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally
Remote position. Up to 50% travel required.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put “[Your Name] – Political & Organizing Director” in the email subject line. In your application, please indicate how you learned about the opening.
She the People, fiscally sponsored by PowerPAC.org, is committed to diversity and practicing equal opportunity employment in recruiting and hiring. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org