The National Political & Organizing Program Manager will join a dedicated team of Swing Left field staff working to develop a campaign-in-waiting model for key 2019 and 2020 races in Swing Left Super States and around the country to ensure Swing Left volunteers have a demonstrative impact in the upcoming electoral cycle. The ideal candidate will have deep organizing knowledge, experience with the logistics of strong volunteer programs, strong writing and editing skills, and excellent time management skills. The National Political & Organizing Programs Manager is a full time position and reports to the Head of Political and Organizing.
About Swing Left
Swing Left is a national grassroots organization that took back the House in 2018 by building a national campaign for Democratic candidates in 84 Swing Districts in three big ways: recruiting and training an army of volunteers, raising funds from grassroots donors, and building cultural momentum for the midterms. For 2020, we’ll be bringing our “campaigns-in-waiting” model to swing Senate seats, defend the House, win the state-level races needed to ensure fair maps for 2021 redistricting—and, of course, the Presidency.
In 2018 we took back the House. Join us, and help take back all the Houses in 2020.
- Work in close collaboration with the Political & Organizing team to project manage and support major Swing Left field, political, and college program initiatives
- Draft, edit, and finalize all volunteer facing materials related to Swing Left’s Political & Organizing programming.
- Help project manage all national volunteer calls, training, and national programmatic initiatives
- In close collaboration with the National Field Director, analyze the progress and results from field programs and identify new strategies to continuously improve programs
- Coordinate Swing Left’s national grassroots fundraising program, in close coordination with various departments to ensure program cohesiveness
- Collaborate with the Digital and Technology Teams to integrate technology to support field, college, and political programs
- Manage logistics and communications related to all of Swing Left’s volunteer export work
- Other tasks as assigned by the leadership of the Political & Organizing Team
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with volunteer centric distributed organizing programs at scale
- Experience successfully working across departments and teams, and ability to manage multiple projects at one time with cohesion
- Understanding of current progressive political ecosystem and eagerness to build national, innovative electoral programs
- Acute attention to detail, strong time management skills, and an ability to meet deadlines is a must
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Comfort in a rapidly changing virtual work environment (Swing Left is still very much a startup)
- Ability to work irregular hours, including some nights and weekends
- Knowledge of VAN required, knowledge of Asana preferred
Swing Left provides a competitive salary and benefits package. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our benefits, retirement, parental leave policies and other, similar benefits in interviews.
We believe that the GOP’s bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. As a result, we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do and we welcome all applicants regardless of age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other differences.
To apply for this job please visit swing-left.breezy.hr.