Reports To: Data and Reporting Director
About the DCCC: The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) is the official national Democratic campaign committee charged with electing Democrats to the U. S. House of Representatives. The DCCC recruits Democratic candidates and supports Democratic campaigns – both challengers and Democratic incumbent Members – with a variety of services including field operations, fundraising support, communications assistance, research support and management consulting. In addition, the DCCC’s Independent Expenditure supports these campaigns with television, radio and other voter contact efforts. The DCCC is supported by the contributions of individuals and organizations, along with Democratic Members, from throughout the country. We look for talented and hardworking campaign professionals who are committed to fortifying and expanding our new Democratic House majority.
Position Summary: The DCCC is hiring multiple Regional Targeting Directors for the 2020 election cycle. The position will be available summer of 2019 and run through November 2020.
The Regional Targeting Director will work with the Data and Targeting Director and team, as well as the regional political teams, to advise congressional campaigns on their path to victory and maximize the effectiveness of their voter outreach strategies based on rigorous statistical analysis of past election results, voter file data, polling, microtargeting models, and other analytics tools. Regional Targeting Directors will serve a vital role in ensuring that data is an essential component of the decision-making of the DCCC and congressional campaigns.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Developing analytical reports outlining the path to victory in Frontline and Red to Blue targeted Congressional races, including defining strategic imperatives for victory.
- Working directly with voter file data, model scores and research to define targets for direct and indirect voter outreach, including the composition of the targets, the method of communication and advising on the message.
- Collecting and analyzing data that tracks progress to strategic imperatives for victory.
- Providing strategic advice to the DCCC and campaigns by servicing as the nexus between data and strategy.
- Other duties as needed.
- At least 1-2 cycles of campaign experience is required.
- Prior data, targeting, or statistics experience is also required. This is not an entry level position.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a must; familiarity with large scale relational databases or statistics software is helpful but not required.
- Advanced proficiency with web-based voter file platforms such as VAN, Catalist, or PDI.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: polling and survey research, SQL, GIS, field reporting and program evaluation, precinct and individual level modeling, data visualization.
- A demonstrated ability to present data-driven recommendations to a wide range of stakeholders in a clear and persuasive manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy: The DCCC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DCCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DCCC employee. The DCCC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
DCCC’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DCCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DCCC employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the DCCC.
The DCCC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that makeup our country and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse DCCC, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.