Stand Up America is a political advocacy organization focused on digital mobilization to resist Trump’s corrupt agenda, advance progressive values, and strengthen our democracy.
Founded after the 2016 election, our community has quickly grown to over two million Americans, across all 50 states, who are taking action and making their voices heard daily. Stand Up America has driven over 700,000 calls to Congress and mobilized more than 50,000 activists to demand our representatives oppose Trump’s corrupt agenda. In the 2018 midterms, we recruited thousands of volunteers for progressive House races across the country, registered over 10,000 voters, and sent more than 600,000 peer- to-peer text messages to help get out the vote.
Now we’re focused on holding Trump accountable for his corruption and crimes, and we’re fighting for bold legislative reforms that will strengthen our democracy at the state and national level by increasing voter participation and reducing the influence of money in our elections.
The Senior Strategist will join a mission-driven, fast-paced, and energetic team in New York, NY.
- Innovate how to best engage and activate Stand Up America’s progressive community over email and tell the story of our work in a strategic, meaningful, and coherent way
- Mentor and manage a team of digital strategists and organizers
- Manage the email calendar and create strategies that meet our organizing, political, and communications objectives
- Oversee all content and creative for the email program
- Manage the website and steward vendor partnerships
- Turn message guidance into coherent and compelling stories and content narratives
- Collaborate with interdepartmental teams to execute campaigns that achieve email and website goals, from acquisition strategies to testing and optimization plans
- Deliver clean, professional, and creative user experiences under tight deadlines while maintaining the highest level of quality
- Edit content for clarity and tone, and provide writers with critical, constructive feedback
- Work with directors on partnerships and manage relevant projects
- Report directly to the digital director
- At least 4-5 years of relevant experience
- A proven track record of running successful email campaigns
- Experience writing for organizations, advocacy groups, brands, or political candidates
- Experience deploying timely content during rapid response scenarios
- Worked in high-stress advocacy or electoral environments
- An understanding of email strategy and experience optimizing a program for a campaign, political organization, or non-profit
- Proficiency in email CRM programs such as Blue State Digital and/or in website CMS programs such as WordPress
- Experience managing staff or interns a plus
- A political news junkie
- A sharp writer
- Cool under pressure
- A true team player
- Able to quickly adapt to new technologies
- An excellent project and people manager
- Passionate about progressive values and defeating Trump’s agenda
- Eager to think big and get creative!
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Stand Up America celebrates diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, class, ability, life experiences, and background. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer–women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including 100% subsidy of monthly premiums
- SIMPLE IRA with matching of employee contributions up to 3%
- 14 paid vacation days per calendar year
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Annual professional development stipend
Salary range: $75,000-90,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com