Inslee for America: Social Media Manager
Governor Jay Inslee’s presidential campaign, Inslee for America, is seeking a motivated Social Media Manager — someone who is willing to work hard and commit themselves to creating high-quality content that positively and authentically communicates a progressive message about tackling climate change to a national audience.
Position Summary: The Social Media Manager is responsible for developing inspiring digital content that is innovative, authentic, and compelling.
This position is primarily responsible for drafting, capturing, managing, and posting social media, email, and website content on timely deadlines with minimal errors. Social Media Manager job responsibilities include:
● Drafting high-quality, innovative graphic and written content for social media, email, and our website, coordinating with communications and digital teams to ensure maximum quality and visibility.
● Engaging and coordinating digital communications with constituents, advocacy groups, and other private or public entities to further our online audience and brand.
● Assisting with event planning, promotion, and sharing, including capturing live video on the ground.
● Developing and editing videos of speeches and remarks by PAC leadership at events, and posting this content to social media, email, and website.
● Helping develop original and innovative written, visual, and video content as needed.
● Supporting other projects as needed.
● 2+ years experience in a digital media role.
● Outstanding written communication skills.
● Familiarity with core graphic design principles is a plus. Basic fluency in graphic design software, including Adobe Photoshop and smartphone editing apps.
● Proficiency in video editing also a plus.
● Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analytics on social media platforms.
● Experience using Facebook, Twitter, Medium, YouTube, Instagram, including Instagram Stories and Instagram Live.
● Strong passion for progressive causes and issues – especially climate change.
● Enthusiasm for political campaigns and ability to execute tasks within a team dynamic.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, learn quickly, and accept constructive criticism.
This isn’t a clock-in, clock-out sort of job. We’re looking for a passionate, hard-working individual who is willing to go the extra mile to make the difference for a progressive national campaign. You will be expected to work on some evenings and weekends. The position is based in Seattle and require some travel. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Inslee Social Media Manager.” Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com