The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is offering a unique and exciting opportunity to a select number of qualified individuals interested in the field of technology and politics. We are currently seeking diligent, organized, and enthusiastic students or recent graduates with strong data and technology skills and a demonstrated interest in political campaigns to assist the DNC’s Technology team. Interns will gain an enhanced understanding of how technology plays a critical role in modern campaigns. The internship will also give real, hands-on political and technological experience that will be valuable for potential future employment opportunities.
The DNC is looking for an intern to work with the Community Team, a critical part of our team that serves as the front door to state parties, Voter File Managers, data directors, sister committees, vendors and campaigns, to ensure the DNC is listening and responsive to our community, and is also working with all Democrats to share results and lessons learned. The Community Team, as well as the Democratic Tech team as a whole, will work closely with members of our community to ensure access to resources is never an obstacle course.
Who we are
The Tech team is a small, diverse team that provides the technology used by candidates and organizers in all 50 states and all 3,413 counties across the United States to analyze data, organize campaigns, raise money, and get out the vote on election day.
Do you want to …
- Secure the future of our country? Right now a lot is at stake in our country and our team has a huge opportunity to make a real difference.
- Work with amazing people? We’re building a diverse, distributed team, hiring the best people we can wherever they are—alumni from past Presidential campaigns working out of DC and New York, experienced product developers from the SF Bay Area, and more.
- Never stop learning? There are people who know about politics and people who know about technology and a few who have figured out some things about how to combine the two, but we are blazing a lot of new trails and you should be comfortable exploring and learning from everyone you can.
Your day to day will consist of:
- Assisting with the timely and strategic acquisition of voter information and other key datasets, i.e. early vote data and polling places
- Working with the rest of the DNC Tech team to develop regular reporting, communication, and process improvements
- Ad-hoc tasks, including but not limited to analyzing early vote trends and voter contact results
- Collaborating with other departments to develop training curriculum
- You should be:
- A recent graduate or a current undergraduate or graduate student with an interest in data and technology
- A problem solver who is able to handle multiple tasks at once, working both independently and with others in a fast-paced office
- Willing to commit 40 hours per week in our Washington, DC headquarters
- Motivated to get Democrats elected up and down the ballot
- Interested in data analysis
You might also have familiarity with and interest in one or more of the following areas:
- knowledge of VAN/Votebuilder – bonus points if you’ve ever been an administrator
- campaign data management relating to field campaigns, including volunteering — bonus points for electoral campaign experience
- *Databases and data management using Microsoft Excel, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server or similar systems
We are currently accepting applications for the Fall internship term. Interested candidates should fill out the form below, and attach their resume.
This is a paid internship program.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.