The Vice President of Digital Strategy and Programs is responsible for developing and overseeing implementation of an integrated, data-driven digital strategy dedicated to increasing the engagement and empowerment of young Latinxs in our civic process.
The Vice President of Digital Strategy and Programs is responsible for developing and overseeing implementation of an integrated, data-driven digital strategy dedicated to increasing the engagement and empowerment of young Latinxs in our civic process. Specifically, we are looking for someone who can build and implement a multi-million dollar digital program that registers hundreds of thousands of Gen-Z and Millenial Latinxs and gets them out to vote in the 2020 election.
The VP of Digital Strategy and Programs will be a major leader of programming and strategy at Voto Latino. We are looking for someone with deep experience and understanding of social media, email marketing, digital organizing, digital fundraising, digital advertising, website, CRMs and databases, and digital metrics and data analysis — and how to integrate all these platforms and tactics into a sound, strategic plan. This person must have demonstrated experience leading and motivating a team to meet goals and milestones, sometimes under short timelines or tight deadlines.
The Vice President of Digital Strategy and Programs will report to the Managing Director. The VP role also works closely with executive and campaigns teams, and manages consultants.
- Lead the strategic development and integration of all social media platforms, websites, apps, mobile and email programs to ensure they’re working together and meeting organizational goals.
- Oversee digital content development, dissemination, and evaluation of effectiveness.
- Ensure continuous testing, optimizing, and analyzing growth and conversion rates and fundraising.
- Work with campaigns and executive teams to ensure digital plans and programs are supporting all Voto Latino’s initiatives.
- Manage and collaborate with a team of digital specialists across production, creative, analytics, community management, planning and paid disciplines.
- Manage and collaborate with outside vendors to ensure they are receiving the information they need, delivering what was promised, and adhering to budget.
- Support staff by motivating, mentoring, prioritizing appropriate skill development.
- Advise and provide guidance and instruction on digital advertising as needed.
- Leadership: Able to lead cross-functional teams, realize new opportunities, and succeed in reaching aggressive goals.
- Has a Vision: Define and present innovative ideas to the executive team and get buy-in to support vision.
- Results-Oriented: Has a drive to exceed goals, execute consistently, and deliver outstanding results.
- Subject Matter Expert: Be a go to person for digital strategies, tools, and approaches.
- Data-Driven: Loves metrics and numbers, dig deep to obtain and analyze web data, and use it to inform your planning and confirm your decisions.
- Passion: Cares about the Latinx community, issues facing Gen-Zs, and a strong, inclusive democracy.
- Likes to win.
- 8+ years of experience in digital, with at least 3 years at the senior management level.
- Successful track record managing programs, teams, and consultants
- Understanding of digital ad buying.
- Deep knowledge of the digital ecosystem, including existing and emerging social media platforms, website redesigns, SMS, CRM tools, SEO and email marketing (Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, Salsa, Constant Contact, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager).
- Sound judgement. Relies on smart, data driven metrics to base strategic programmatic recommendations.
- Experience overseeing large departmental budgets.
- Excellent communication skills and writing, editing (photo/video/text).
- Proven ability to manage large projects—often two or more simultaneously—under tight timelines.
- Creative thinking and analytical problem solving skills.
- Fun and collaborative, looking to help lead and develop a great team of passionate digital professionals.
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, and prioritize.
- Positive attitude, detail oriented with good multitasking, communication and organizational skills.
- A connection to or understanding of the Latinx community and issues of social justice.
- Located in Washington, DC, or willingness to relocate
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or digital. media
- Experience in social media and digital/ web development.
- Expertise in digital media influencer engagement across platforms.
- Experience running a digital ads program.
$120K-130K salary. Benefits include partial payment of health insurance premiums and 20 days of PTO.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use “VP of Digital” in the subject line. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis; the deadline to apply is September 7, 2019.
Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is a dynamic and growing non-partisan organization whose civic engagement campaigns have reached an estimated 55 million Latino households nationwide. United by the belief that Latino issues are American issues and American issues are Latino issues, Voto Latino is dedicated to bringing new and diverse voices into the political process by engaging youth, media, technology and celebrities to promote positive change.
Voto Latino is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org