Web Content and Design Specialist
United Staff Union: Grade 7
Starting Salary: $67,119
The Web Content and Design Specialist is responsible for wireframing, presenting and designing interactive, multi-media for priority content and storytelling. This includes interactive digital landing pages, animations, paid ad campaigns and print design. This position is also responsible for all aspects of AFCME’s online toolkit of communications materials and templates for union communicators. This includes front-end development, maintaining and designing content, supporting end users of the toolkit, and planning and executing roadmaps for further enhancements. In addition, the position oversees a digital assets management library; and provides design and development support as needed.
- Wireframe and design multi-media interactive web pages, using the online platform Webflow, to illustrate stories and issue explainers based on content written by AFSCME’s editorial team.
- Using HTML5 and CSS3 – Designs and builds design templates used in AFSCME’s toolkit based on feedback and recommendations from staff and affiliates.
- Manages the design for AFSCME’s online and mobile toolkit operated by Ruby on Rails, including but not limited to editing HTML template and CMS (Content Management Software) specific code and coordinating with vendors and consultants.
- Leads the study of and recommends technology enhancements to improve the integrity, functionality and usability of AFSCME’s toolkit.
- Designs and codes all creative assets for online ad campaigns, including banners, landing pages, working closely with Digital Marketing Strategist; and stays up to date on specifications for different ad types and platforms and current trends and best practices for effective online ad creative.
- Manages AFSCME’s digital asset management system (DAM) and works with vendors and consultants on identifying improvements.
- Provides support and training to staff and affiliates using these tools.
- Works alongside the graphics unit and supports additional design needs assigned by the Creative Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of departmental activities.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in web development, computer programming, graphic design, communications, journalism, political science or liberal arts; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- Up to five years of progressively responsive experience in web design or development, content development, online communications and development related to advocacy focused campaigns.
- Thorough knowledge of digital design, art design and layout; demonstrated experience in the use of advanced graphic design hardware and software, including Adobe CS: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and XD.
- Experience in applying best practices in Information Architecture and User Interface design; and considerable knowledge and skill in applying internet design principles and methods, standard graphics applications, formulating/finalizing web pages, other web content and page wireframe creation.
- Experienced in the use and development of multiple content management systems including content entry, editing, workflow and publishing to be able to evaluate efficacy/efficiency of software, troubleshoot and recommend critical changes as may be required.
- Proven ability to work across multiple operating system platforms, including mobile; and online ad channels, including GDN, Facebook, etc.
- Ability to work extended hours needed.
- Ability to travel for AFSCME business, including political and organizing campaigns required.
Please submit résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AFSCME is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, does not discriminate an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com