Senate campaigns around the country are preparing for the 2020 campaign cycle. The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) is assisting campaigns by seeking applicants for Digital Directors for Senate races in the 2020 campaign cycle. As a senior staff member, this person will work closely with a digital firm to manage the campaign’s digital operation including email fundraising, social media, digital advertising, website content, and digital organizing.
A successful candidate will be prepared to build process, design strategy, and oversee implementation with a growing team.
This is a general call for applicants so that we can better help Senate races staff their teams on the ground. It is not for a role at the DSCC. To be considered, please submit your resume by uploading it below.
Campaigns, rather than the DSCC, are responsible for all hiring decisions, and will determine salary range and specific job duties.
Location: Senate races across the country
Reports to Campaign Manager
Positions Reporting to this Position: tbd
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Design and implement digital strategy with the campaign’s digital firm
- Establish digital content workflows and approval processes
- Drive digital fundraising program, including on email, social, and SMS
- Manage social media platforms, including paid ads program
- Make periodic website updates, create microsites
- Develop multi-platform creative including copy, graphics, and video
- Create digital analytics reporting structure across platforms
- Work with multiple consultants and vendors to execute goal-oriented program
- Build internal and external relationships to more effectively achieve digital and campaign goals
- Committed to cross-team collaboration
- Able to advocate for digital with peers and leadership
- Initiative-driven — ready to develop a concept, pitch it, and execute it
- Thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving political climate, managing multiple, competing priorities
- Obsessed with the internet
- 3-4+ years of experience working on a digital, political, marketing, or communications team
- Electoral experience a plus but not required
- Superior writing, editing, and proofing skills
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Demonstrated ability to dissect complex topics and make them relevant to a wide audience
- Proficiency in photography and audio/video editing
- Proficiency in using graphic design software like Adobe Creative Suite products (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Illustrator), or others
- Demonstrated social media platform management fluency (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat. etc.), including community building, analytics, and marketing strategy and management
- Experience managing impactful rapid response campaigns
- Comfortable analyzing and communicating digital metrics
- Demonstrated success earning digital project and program buy-in from non-digital departments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and adapt quickly and easily for rapid response
Equal Opportunity Policy
The DSCC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, physical and or mental disability, race, age, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family status, religion, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DSCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DSCC employee. The DSCC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.dscc.org.