The digital organizer will support the digital & communications team. This position will develop a keen sense of Mijente’s values, politics and constituency to listen to, manage, and grow social media platforms, drive effective digital organizing efforts, and track the effectiveness of our messaging platforms. They will maintain messaging calendars and ensure all content is curated in accordance with Mijente style principles and published across all platforms. The position requires flexibility, strong organization skills, the ability to track, engage with, and create compelling grassroots digital content to drive Mijente’s base building and digital organizing efforts.
- Social Media
- Community listening and management
- Maintain messaging calendar
- Social content creation & curation (primary social writer, graphic designer)
- Social publisher
- Uphold social protocols/guidelines
- Digital Campaigner
- Draft written content for messaging channels, and copy edit all outgoing social media communications.
- Email and digital asset production
- Web site content and updates
- Assist with content creation (blogs/videos/toolkits)
- Digital and Communications Analyst
- Track and report on digital analytics and progress to digital goals to guide the team’s content strategy
- Support with communications tracking and monitoring (e.g. logging media lists and performance)
- Social Media
- Previous experience creating digital content and managing a robust social media calendar; campaign or electoral experience preferred
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Willingness to take feedback and develop their own skills to achieve desired outcomes.
- Understanding of community organizing and proven ability to translate that to digital organizing.
- Keen awareness of the 24 hour news cycle and of the digital/comms relationship
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Adaptive and can think and work quickly independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable with social media platforms, metrics and analytics like Facebook Insights, Twitter Insights, Google Analytics and know how to use them to recommend messaging strategy and tactics
- Record of successful engagement with a growing base and within a fast-paced work environment
Send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with
“Digital Organizer” and your name in the subject line:
- Cover letter
- 2 Links to social media channels or digital platforms that you’ve created for or managed and specify your role in each
- 3 Writing Samples for digital content
Starting salary is negotiable commensurate with experience, beginning at $55k/annually; benefits include vacation, personal time off and health and wellness package. This position is remote and requires moderate travel.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com