About For Our Future
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and civil rights. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
In 2018, we made over 9 million door knocks and held 1.3 million face-to-face conversations with voters in 7 states. Our turnout operation and innovative program helped restore voting rights to 1.4 million Floridians, expand Medicaid coverage to 400,000 in Virginia, and resulted in sizable electoral progress at the state and federal level, including the pickup of 3 Governor mansions, 1 Senate seat, 13 Congressional seats, and 22 state legislative seats.
FOF will continue to grow and win through 2020, building power across issue fights and elections. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our current state programs include Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Are you passionate about progressive politics and interested in harnessing social media to make real change? If so, consider joining our team as a Digital Organizer! For Our Future Michigan seeks a creative individual who has expert knowledge in digital organizing and leveraging social media platforms. You’ll create compelling online content that educates, inspires, engages, drives messaging, and pushes people to take action on our various campaigns. This is your chance to make a difference while honing increasingly valuable skills for any communicator working in the digital age. Each day, you will collaborate with other members of our team to modernize the landscape of political organizing by reaching out to voters in new, innovative ways. You will also manage the digital department, including digital advertising. Our ideal candidate is a clear communicator, a new media harnesser, an organizer, and a team player who can contribute to our operation for social change. Applicants should be quick-learners who will meet new challenges with ambition and creativity.
This position, based in Lansing, Michigan, reports to the Michigan Communications Director. This is a full-time position with benefits through at least November 6, 2020.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementing aggressive, long- and short-term digital communications strategies
- Identifying new digital communications avenues and tactics
- Creating compelling graphics, video and other digital content
- Planning and executing digital advertising campaigns on several platforms, including Facebook and Google search
- Expanding the social media reach of For Our Future Michigan to push our message directly to the people we are trying to reach
- Maintaining and updating social media channels with original content daily, including some graphics and video
- Executing digital organizing tactics
- Performing on-the-ground digital work, including livestreaming press and field events
- Leading digital trainings for activists and partner organizations
- Experience with ad buying and management on Facebook, Google search and other platforms
- Experience tracking online metrics through various channels like Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, etc.) proficiency and a good eye for design
- Video editing and production skills a plus
- Basic HTML and web maintenance skills and some experience with WordPress or a similar CMS a plus
- Comfort with recording people’s personal video stories
- Creativity and a strong desire to learn and implement ever-evolving digital tactics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with unpredictable hours, and juggle multiple projects at once
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member in a busy office with personal enthusiasm, optimism, and a sense of humor
- A passion for progressive causes
- Experience in a political, coalition, firm, or organizing environment preferred
- Most work is performed in an office environment.
- The physical demands of the job include bending and sitting for extended periods.
- May include occasionally standing or working in inclement weather.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 10 pounds.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Normal hours of business are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday thru Friday, however employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends and nights.
- Employees may be required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle, and generally not allowed to take more than 2-3 days off consecutively during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
For Our Future offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health insurance coverage – 95% employer paid and 5% employee paid
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Retirement savings plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 monthly cell phone bill reimbursement
- 10 days paid time off granted every calendar year, as well as all paid federal holidays
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Should an applicant need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as employment at will. This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing employment at will relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is at will, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your at will status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.