Do you want your work to make a difference? Do you want to make a measurable impact on the world? Do you like the idea of jumping into an amazing team and collaborating with like-minded, passionate, exceptional people to engage digital communities and create social change? Welcome to Fission.
Do Big Things builds digital-driven movements that succeed through the power of people. We specialize in helping the world’s leading nonprofits and foundations tell powerful stories, engage their supporters and implement strategic digital platforms to drive social change in their communities. We’ve participated in 2 successful social enterprise startup exits and bring the best ideas from startups to the nonprofit sector. Our mission-oriented company is virtual and consists of team members who are powerhouses in our field.
Our clients are fantastic and the projects are exciting. Some of our recent and current clients include ONE.org, MomsRising, Everytown for Gun Safety, Greenpeace, Define American, and many more.
Do you enjoy helping teams succeed? Do you excel at problem-solving, at finding the best solution for complex problems? Do you excel at turning complex ideas and strategies into reality? Can you work in a fast-paced environment where every day is different? Then this position is for you.
Do Big Things is looking for someone who will manage projects as our Digital Project Manager.
Project Managers provide the structure and support the overall vision for website and app design and development projects. In this role you will serve as the primary client contact and interface heavily with our client’s senior marketing, technical, and executive management teams. You will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organization and timeline.
As Do Big Things Digital Project Manager, You Will:
- Plan, run, prioritize, and support the launch of valuable and profitable projects/products
- Adeptly forecast project revenue, potential risks, and resources needed
- Play an active role scheduling and leading all stakeholder meetings including kickoff
- Support the development of the product vision while scoping, managing, and prioritizing requirements
- Work with the team to build the product roadmap and strategy
- Assess the efficacy of business models on products you manage
- Develop detailed project plans to ensure that they are completed within defined time and budget
- Monitor progress of projects to ensure they meet targets and client expectations
- Ensure all stakeholders have a clear view of activities, milestones, costs, and risks at all times
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Check in with teammates to ensure they are not over-scheduled on project tasks and have everything they need to work effectively and efficiently
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with internal team leads on project resourcing, progress, and challenges
- Provide regular status updates during standups, check-ins
- Actively work to reduce and manage risk on projects
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects, including:
- Allocate appropriate resources
- Review and update project schedule
- Plan and manage project timelines and budgets
- Supervise and review work done by the project team
- Maintain project documentation (as little as the team/client requires)
- Ensure smooth onboarding and offboarding processes with stakeholders
- Establish and support positive work and stakeholder relationships
- Provide estimation and planning support for business development roles
- Facilitate presentation of milestones/deliverables to the client
- Interact closely with leaders and clients on any issues or questions that arise day to day
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution OR relevant work experience
5 years account, campaign or project management experience, or other relevant experience
- 3+ years of agency project management experience in the digital space
- Experience working on multiple projects (5-7) and staff at one time with strict attention to detail
- Demonstrate accountability and top-notch communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at ALL decision-making levels
- Experience working in an extremely fast paced environment
- Knowledge of the digital marketing and social media landscape
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role
- Ability to solve complex problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results
- Familiar with Lean, Agile, Waterfall and hybrid approaches and methodologies
- Understanding of latest technology, principles, and approaches: lean PM, responsive design, rapid prototyping, digital style guides, content with design approach, UX design, people centered design, design thinking, accessibility(VR/AR, AI a nice to have)
- Clear understanding of other teammates’ roles: research, content, design, development, QA testing, data collection, social media
- Ability to successfully scope and estimate digital products (both apps and websites)
- Comfortable setting clear boundaries, liaising and negotiating with the team, executive decision makers, contractors, vendors, and clients
- Clear focus on people and communication (budgets and process fall in line when your PMs know how to handle people)
- Personal qualities: leadership, great sense of humour, excellent communication skills, emotionally intelligent, empathetic, masterful expectation management, great attention to detail, fantastic negotiation skills, process adaptable, organized, willingness to learn new things
Compensation + Perks
- Competitive compensation. We are a mission-driven, for-profit organization that can offer you a strong base salary of $75K-$85K, incentive-based bonuses and full health, dental and vision and a 401k.
- Amazing team. The Do Big Things family is an inspiring & award-winning group of brilliant, motivated, principled, good-spirited people.
- Work-life balance. We’re family-friendly. You can work from home and/or in a co-working space.
- Live healthy. Take a vacation whenever you need one.
At Do Big Things, we believe the diversity of ideas, perspectives and cultures that our employees contribute to our company is among our strongest assets. We are proud to be an inclusive, equal-opportunity workplace. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community and others are strongly encouraged to apply.
Want to apply?
We’d love to hear from you. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Digital Project Manager” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org