This role will oversee and manage the day-to-day flow of the organization’s SMS, email, social media, and graphic and video content. This would include approving content and being a key part of the overall digital strategy, working hand-in-hand with the communications and mobilization teams. Also, this person would be responsible for managing digital ad campaigns and overseeing the grassroots fundraising strategy.
- At least 5+ years of experience managing social media accounts and external email lists. Must have management experience.
- Comfort working in BSD tools or a related email management system, including building web forms, and loading/cleaning lists.
- Experience managing SMS campaigns (both broadcast and P2P).
- Experience with editing, loading, and management of a robust email program.
- Experience providing strategic advice and building out digital advertising campaigns.
- A passion for civic engagement, including voter registration, turnout, and voting rights.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and individuals with varying perspectives
- Recommended that you have email grassroots fundraising experience.
- Experience working with and providing feedback on video and design projects, especially those related to social media campaigns.
About When We All Vote
When We All Vote — a national, nonpartisan not-for-profit — is shaping the promise of our democracy through voter registration and participation in all 50 states. We launched in July 2018 by co-chairs Michelle Obama, Tom Hanks, Janelle Monáe, Chris Paul, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw to increase turnout in the 2018 midterm elections. But we’re not done yet. We’re working toward an America where we want to and are expected to vote. That’s why we recruit American citizens, institutions, companies, and organizations to work in their communities to change the culture around voting.
When We All Vote is an equal opportunity employer and it is When We All Votes’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
The position is based in D.C. but can be negotiated based on the candidate’s location. Salary is $70-$80K based on experience level.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line, “Digital Director.”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org