Seeking Journalists, CX Debaters, Editors – Opposition Research Internship – DC – Spring 2020
Get paid to win political battles for progressive candidates from the most high profile national races to local municipal contests. If you ever wondered what CX debaters do for a living, this is a great example. We are looking for extraordinary team members to join our ranks as paid opposition research interns.
Ideal candidate will have coursework in debate, journalism, or experience writing and editing for publication in a collegiate or professional news writing environment. Interns will work on all aspects of political opposition research including vetting, research, fact checking and copy editing.
This is a spring 2020 semester internship that runs from early January to Late May 2020. Precise start and end dates are negotiable.
Great candidates are most of the following:
- Able to work 20 to 40 hours per week and night, weekend, and unconventional work hours preferred
- Dedicated to building a more progressive America
- An exceptional writer comfortable writing and editing in a professional news writing environment
- Curious, very curious
- Experienced in a production news or research environment (collegiate level or up)
- Able to turn complex and diverse information into clear summaries with a consistent point of view
- Possessed of a great attention to detail
- Skilled in web project management for complex projects
- Comfortable with web apps for communication, project management and research
- Available spring 2020
Learn more about our recruiting process
Learn more about how we work here.
To apply for this job please visit nesbitt-research.breezy.hr.