Priorities USA is looking for a Senior Writer to join our creative team for the 2020 political cycle. You will be responsible for concepting creative and developing copy for all digital platforms including video scripts, social copy and text for a wide array of digital assets.
The ability to develop big picture creative concepts and craft engaging and compelling copy to match is a must. The flexibility to adapt to the frequently shifting priorities and demands of a political organization is key. An overwhelming, borderline-obsessive desire to defeat Donald Trump helps!
YOU’LL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Partner with art directors, producers and editors to write, concept, develop, and oversee high quality creative for the 2020 political cycle.
- Execute video scripts and copy for national and regional ad campaigns.
- Review work from junior writers and production partners and provide feedback to ensure that copy is effective, engaging, audience-appropriate, culturally competent, on-brand and on-message.
- Implement feedback from cross-functional teams and quickly adapt to changing news cycles and polling results.
- Communicate with diverse groups, work with a multicultural workforce, and bring a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
- 5+ years of experience as a writer in an ad agency, entertainment, media or political/non-profit environment.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates high-level, conceptual thinking and the ability to develop and execute high-level work for diverse audiences.
- A passion for storytelling and the ability to translate strategy into compelling, narrative-driven content.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to pitch and sell your creative ideas to larger internal teams.
- An interest in progressive politics, and an understanding of, or desire to learn, the nuances of political campaigns.
- Deep and unyielding desire to defeat Donald Trump at the ballot box in November.
Salary range: 90-100K
Compensation includes a benefits package that includes health care, paid holidays and vacation. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, your resume and portfolio.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com