The mission of the Mobilization Department at the Democratic National Committee is to bring ordinary people into the heart of the DNC and provide grassroots supporters with encouragement, power, and the tools to mobilize in their communities.
We are a team of passionate, cross-discipline experts committed to spreading the truth, getting supporters more deeply involved, and mobilizing grassroots donors to support the party through creative, relentlessly optimized experiences online and offline. Come join us.
We are looking for a Social Content Associate who will be expected to write within an established organizational identity and quickly switch between institutional and personal voices for multiple DNC platforms and channels, while contributing ideas for further developing and expanding the Democratic Party and Tom Perez’s online voice and brand.
What you’ll do:
- Write daily content for the Democrats and Tom Perez Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Medium platforms, including drafting content, conceptualizing videos and graphics, and brainstorming calls to action.
- Monitor real-time social traffic to identify moments and online conversations that we should participate in.
- Ensure that the DNC’s digital presence represents organizational priorities and values effectively, including working with progressive allies and outside groups to encourage supporters to take action with timely and on-message content.
- Collaborate to develop weekly content calendars and anticipate needs for larger and long-term outbound products.
- Work internally with social team, Mobilization sub-teams, and the Communication and Research teams to execute collaborative social campaigns and rapid response social content.
- Help develop and produce reporting on audience growth, content performance, and engagement that can adapt to and meet the needs of stakeholders across the DNC.
- Ideal candidate has the ability to work independently and on a team, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Innovative self-starter; you have a demonstrated ability to brainstorm an idea and execute it.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; you should have an eagle-eye for typos and errors and have a deep understanding of how to inspire people to action using the written word.
- Comfortable drafting copy for multiple platforms in a variety of voices.
- Demonstrated command of major social media platforms.
- Understand that the internet isn’t always a 9-5 job and are comfortable with after-hours and weekend responsibilities.
- Ability to read and write in both English and Spanish is a highly preferred skill for this position.
- You must be in D.C. or willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.