The Social Media Manager is responsible for crafting and leading the digital strategy for Indivisible’s social media campaigns with a focus on growing our movement and driving our national audience to take action. This role will work across teams to design and implement social media campaigns as a critical component of Indivisible’s work — often developing rapid response strategies to breaking news. The communications team oversees how we communicate with our movement, drives people to take action, resists the Trump Administration’s agenda, and helps build a healthier democracy.
The Social Media Manager develops campaigns for Indivisible’s growing presence on existing platforms, and provides insights into expansion to new platforms, while contributing to Indivisible’s voice and brand. This role will oversee the work of the Social Media Associate while creating opportunities for the associate to grow. This role will report to the Director of Digital Strategy and Engagement.
This is a full-time position, based in DC, with a starting salary range of $58,500, commensurate with experience. Indivisible provides a robust benefits package including full medical / dental/ vision/ life coverage, a discounted gym membership, and an employer matched 401 (k) plan.
- Social Media Campaign Strategy Development and Implementation
- Develop compelling, creative social media campaigns and content that ties in with our digital campaigns to tell the story of our movement, and move people to action on policy and political campaigns.
- In coordination with the Social Media Associate, maintain a weekly posting schedule for all social media platforms, and monitor trends and tools.
- Identify opportunities for Comms-driven campaigns and rapid response with an aim of growing our movement and driving action across social media platforms.
- Collaborate with our digital organizing team to tie our digital programs into offline organizing channels.
- Work on creating and maintaining digital partnerships to grow and learn from other organizations, spread the word about Indivisible’s work, and plug into larger movement-wide digital campaigns.
- Serve as a representative for the communications team across various cross-team campaigns and projects at Indivisible.
- Assist and serve as a thought partner on implementation of social media, design, and other needed communications to support digital campaigns across the team.
- Manage the systems used to track and organize social media content, as well as monitor the success of campaigns and seeks opportunities to debrief, iterate, and improve.
- Develop a social media plan for all new campaigns that Indivisible takes on.
- Measurement, Reporting, and Analysis
- Oversee success of owned-social media campaigns, striving to improve our engagement rates and make recommendations on how to improve our strategy and content.
- Develop a regular system for reporting out on campaign performance across social media platforms, evaluate their efficacy, and provide recommendations on how to improve our work.
- Identify key leaders in our movement to collaborate with.
- Staff Management
- Manage, mentor, and develop the Social Media Associate with an eye toward growth.
- Review and edit content from Associate, provide timely and thoughtful feedback on written content and serve as a cross-team editor on campaign materials.
- Establish and monitor Associate performance and development goals, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct regular performance reviews.
- Other communications and digital work or other duties as assigned.
- 3-4 years experience managing online grassroots digital campaigns, and/or social media programs for political campaigns or non-profits
- Experience developing and implementing social media strategies and tying them to organizational campaigns
- Experience working with grassroots leaders or volunteers in an activism or political environment
- Superior interpersonal skills, with ability to consult and coordinate among multiple teams to produce written content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to write digital content in a fast-paced environment
- Strong comfort level with digital and social media metrics
- Strong attention to detail
- Alignment on the core values and strategy of the Indivisible Project
- Extensive experience with email systems (ActionKit, Blue State Digital, Action Network, Convio), online fundraising systems (ActBlue, Luminate, Salesforce), SMS platforms (Mobile Commons, Revere), and website CMSs (WordPress, Squarespace, Drupal)
- Extensive experience creating and implementing grassroots digital strategy with an emphasis on creating balanced social media campaigns.
- Experience successfully pivoting to prioritize breaking news and developing rapid response campaigns.
About the Indivisible Project
We’re building something new. We’re a progressive grassroots organization that began in the aftermath of Trump’s election and rapidly scaled nationwide, with thousands of volunteer-led local groups covering every state in the country. To support this movement, we’ve built an incredible team at the national level. We dream big, we support each other, and we have fun doing it.
We’re changing what’s politically possible. Indivisible is part of the powerful progressive movement reaction to Trump, fighting the racist, misogynistic, plutocratic, and authoritarian agenda trumpeted by Trump and the GOP congress. Don’t take our word for it; Indivisible has been featured on the Rachel Maddow show multiple times, as well as in the New York Times and in pretty much every other major news outlet in the country.
We’re building together. We’re building a new organization every day – a rare opportunity to model what we want to see in the world. We’re deeply committed to equity and building a diverse and inclusive organization.
We’re looking for you. If you want to fight for the soul of American democracy, there’s no better place to be than Indivisible. We’re looking for more team members who are passionate about resisting the Trump agenda and committed to getting results. It’s an exciting, fulfilling place if you’re someone who wants to fight fiercely for the progressive world we want to have.
Every one of us on the national team is here because we believe this movement is the best way to retake and build progressive power in this country. Does that ring true for you? If so, great – throw your hat in the ring to join our team. Let’s start #winning together.
Indivisible Project is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.